From Conky PitStop
Some scripts for displaying a weather forecast in conky.
1a Accuweather ConkyWeather font
1c Accuweather Hourly Forecast
|Find them at the Crunchbang Forums in the Conky weather scripts using Accuweather/WUnderground/NWS/Weather.com thread along with other layouts using Teo's scripts. The scripts are bash scripts and as such should run on any *nix system. Take note: Teo is excellent at supporting them and fixing bugs.
- Weather Underground
- National Weather Service (USA), and
They all rely on the same principle: download a bunch of pages, parse them and isolate the necessary info for conky to find.
There is something for everyone: from the minimalistic, to the humongous, larger than life, "I'm a meteorologist" aspect.
- 1a)Accuweather ConkyWeather Font - International users
- 1b1)Accuweather - Images
- 1b2)Accuweather - ConkyWeather font
- 1c)Accuweather Hourly Forecast - 16 hours
- 2a)WUnderground ICAL - International users
- 2b)WUnderground API - All users
- This has to be the Mother of all Weather scripts. To use 'everything' the script is capable of getting would fill a few monitors.
- Metric and Imperial
- Files created by the script:
- Conditions - everything about the weather station being used and the NOW weather - Size: 137 lines
- Forecast - all the "text" forecast for the next 10 days - 16 lines for each Day/Night - Size: 160 lines
- Simple_Forecast - 106 lines of info for each of 10 days - Size: 1060 lines
- Hourly - for the next 36 hours - 116 lines of info per hour - Size: 4212 lines
- Moon_Sun - info about todays moon phase - Size 23 lines (think: #5 Moon phase script as well)
- Satellite - commented out by default, this grabs satellite images to use in your conky. Slows the script down though.
- 3)NWS XML - USA users
- Simple script that keeps on working!
- 4) Weather.com conky script - all users
- 5) Moon phase script
- For all of you obsessed with the moon, werewolves or LUNAtics.
Weather the way you want it, light, medium or heavy duty.
Pretty slick work there Teo. Thank you!